Last updated: 24th May 2018
McDowell Pharmaceuticals (“We/Us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
• Measuring how many people are using the different areas of the website so that popular sections can be improved.
• Analysing anonymous data to help us understand how visitors interact with the website so we can improve the services offered.
• Enabling a service to recognise your computer so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task.
• Cookies may be used on our customer facing applications, and although we are not actively storing any information pertaining to the user in a form of a cookie, some of the application servers which we use may write temporary files to enable them to perform as part of their normal usage.
• The data is not recorded by us.
• Cookies do not usually contain personally identifiable information, and if at times we require you to register your information, the cookie which is associated with your registration information is used in a limited manner to allow us to offer increased functionality of our website. We do not share any of our data with any third parties. The personal or system information is not stored in the cookie.
Information we may collect from you
We, and the companies that work on our behalf, may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.mcdowellpharm.com (our site). We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
• Details of your visits to our site including, traffic data and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
Storage and security of your personal data
We take all reasonable safeguards to keep all your personal information as secure as is possible. In addition to a rigorously enforced data handling policy, all our staff members are made aware of their obligations to keep the information for authorised use only. Of course, no technology is fail-safe, but we have made every reasonable effort to keep our systems up to date with the relevant protocols.
All personal data should be accessible only to those who need to use it. A judgement should be based upon the
sensitivity and value of the information in question; but we always consider keeping personal data:
• In a lockable room with controlled access.
• In a locked drawer or filing cabinet.
• If data is computerised it is stored on network servers and on password-protected databases and have suitable security access levels determined, applied and monitored.
• Particular care is taken of portable ICT equipment, memory sticks etc. which are password protected and encrypted to prevent unauthorised access.
The security measures that we have put in place ensure that:
• only authorised people can access, alter, disclose or destroy personal data;
• those people only act within the scope of their authority; and
• if personal data is accidentally lost, altered or destroyed, it can be recovered to prevent any damage or distress to the individuals concerned.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and
security features to try and prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We may use the information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
• To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
• If McDowell Pharmaceuticals or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third part, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property or safety of McDowell Pharmaceuticals, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We supply data to the analysis company IQVIA (formerly known as IMS). IQVIA use this data to create analysis
reports for stakeholders in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry. All their reports are anonymised and your data cannot be identified in any way. You can opt out of this at any stage.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of other companies and organisations. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of €10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
notified to you by e-mail.
The Data Protection Officer
Post: McDowell Pharmaceuticals
4 Altona Road,